Page Views

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HSG test was today

Well the experience itself was absolutely excruciating  but the results were positive.

I have one clear open tube for sure, the other one is most likely blocked because he couldn't get a clear view and will be waiting for the radiologist's report. But he said that DH's SA was great and all I really need is 1 tube so it will be harder for us but not impossible.

The procedure: I waited in the cold xray room for him for 30 minutes and I was panicking the whole time, when he got there and began the "5 minute procedure" he immediately had trouble getting the catheter in, because of my previous LEEP surgery and tilted uterus he was struggling. After poking and proding around for 20-25 minutes the sharp stabbing pain of the catheter invaded my body and then the insanely awful cramps from the dye. My legs were shaking the entire time because keeping them open for that long was painful, I almost asked his Resident to put her hands on my knees to ease some of that pain.

I should have taken something before the test but I didn't because I normally have a really high pain tolerance, I guess I underestimated the whole procedure.

Time to move forward, I am moving full steam ahead to our vacation in 11 days! Cuba, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment