Page Views

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Not what I was expecting

I had my regular meeting with my OBGYN on Tuesday (which was also my 2 year anniversary). Because we have been TTC for 12 cycles it was time to start the process to finding out why no baby yet.

This is what I WAS expecting: He would order a sperm analysis on DH and maybe some bloodwork for me.

This is what actually happened: He took a history of DH and I, and then he informed me that a bowel resection that I had done 14 years ago could have cause scar tissue to block my fallopian tubes. WHAT??? That is possible? Apparently so. So he explains 2 procedures to me, 1 is to put me under and do a laporascopic surgery by inserting a little camera and some dye in through my belly button to check the tubes. The second option is to do the procedure vaginally inteh xray department. He decided on the latter which is called HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) because the other procedure is kind of going in blind and he didn't know how much scar tissue I may have. So the Xray procedure it is, he will shoot dye and watch on the Xray screen to see if it goes through the tubes or not, if not then they are blocked. If they are blocked that means that nothing can get in or out of the tubes, no sperm entering and no egg exiting. He also ordered the SA for DH.

I was devastated to hear this news, 1.5 hours away from home and all by myself. I have dreamed my whole life about having a baby and just like that you realize that there could be something wrong. Something that might not be fixable. I am trying to hold my head up high and stay positive until we know for sure what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment