Page Views

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I love getting mail

Surprise mail? even better!

When it contains a heartfelt letter? SUPERB!

Yesterday I got a gift in the mail from my dear internet friend, Krista. You never expect to meet people online who will forever touch your life in such a special and amazing way, but I did and Krista is one of those amazing people.

A while back she hosted a giveaway on her blog for a necklace that is made by her cousin. She makes these necklaces for people with IF and/or who are dealing with a loss. Unfortunately, Krista and I fall into both of those categories. I didn't win the necklace but thought it was such a beautiful idea and such a great giveaway. The necklaces are made from Oyster Shells and Baby Foot shells(thin delicate shells with a baby's foot imprint in the center) Krista's cousin puts them together for those in need to wear for hope and promise and remembrance.

And yesterday I got my very own Baby Foot necklace and I love love love it. It is a unique and beautiful gift and I got very teary eyed when I read the heartfelt letter and was so touched to receive the necklace. I put it on immediately and all through the day today I would put my hand over top of it and feel the inspiration that came with it.

To Krista, this was a simple gesture to an internet friend but to me, it means the whole world and more.

I took these with my webcam so they are crappy quality. 


You can kind of see the imprint of the baby's foot in the smaller shell.

2 comments:

  1. And now i'm crying. It is perfect for you and I'm so glad it means that much to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful and Krista is so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete