Page Views

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A new outlet

I have taken the plunge. Well I mad an appointment to take the plunge.

After a bit of deliberation, I have decided it is time to seek some help for my emotional downfall. I am seeing a counselor. Unfortunately she does not specialize in IF or loss but I hope that having someone to talk to will be a good thing.

This is a major step for me. When I am upset I shut down. I shut everyone out and I hide in a dark place and I don't let anyone in. I don't talk about my feelings. I was raised in a house where I was told to "Suck it up and get over it! Move on!" I was raised by a woman who never talked about her feelings and never encouraged me to talk about mine.

The result? A person who does not deal well with her emotions and whose immediate reaction is to bury them very deep inside.

So Wednesday after work is my first appointment, I have a whole bunch of anxiety about it and hope I have the courage to not blow it off. Cause I do need this.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Dee, I really hope that this can bring you some peace and comfort. I am really proud of you for taking that step, especially someone whose natural reaction is to bottle things up. Good luck and big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you too. Hoping that it helps. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a really good thing for you and i'm proud of you too.

    Best of luck sweetie.

    ReplyDelete