Page Views

Monday, March 1, 2010

D & D's Love Story

You know it's bad when you become bored with your own blog. By reading other's blogs and figuring out what I enjoy reading I have decided to steal an idea and each week (it may or may not fall on the same day) I will post a little tidbit of mine and D's love story (gag-sorry, I am not cutesy).


I also came up with my own fresh idea but I will save that for another day. I know the suspense must be killing you.


D & D Love Story: How we came to be


I have known D for a very long time. We went to the same high school and while we weren't really friends, we hung out with the same crowds. He was a year younger than me though so we did not share any classes.


High school came and went and so did College. I would see D on holidays and in the summer when we were both home from school. We would party together and see each other around town occasionally. No butterflies, no crushes. He was just D (actually he has a rather unfortunate nickname: Shitty).


After College I moved away and lived with my friend and her boyfriend (J) (her boyfriend is actually one of D's best friends). I was waitressing and looking for a job in my field. One day I got a job offer in my hometown that was in my field, it was at the radio station that I had worked at during the summers. Great! So I moved back home.


That summer I spent a lot of time with my friends partying, playing baseball, hanging out. One Canada day there was an outdoor concert that we all attended, D and his friend J were in the beer gardens and they were hammered. It was raining out and they decided to poke holes in garbage bags and wear them to stay dry. I ended up drinking a fair amount myself and actually spent a significant amount of time with D, we laughed and chatted and drank and had a great time.


I developed a crush on SHITTY!?!?!???? How did that happen? He was wearing a garbage bag and I developed a crush on him?


About a month later at a party before heading to a Trooper concert, D and I began to flirt. We had our first drunken kiss that night and the rest is history.


This is a picture that was taken by D's sister that night. D got it enlarged and framed for me for one of our anniversaries, it hangs on a wall next to a wedding picture.






Next week: the first time we hung out just him and I

No comments:

Post a Comment