Page Views

Monday, March 1, 2010

Time on my hands

Well, it's official. The Olympics are over and I should be finding myself significantly bored.

The Canada vs USA hockey game was outstanding!! We were leading 2-1 until there was 30 seconds left in the game and USA scored! What a stressful game to watch. Our Canadian boys were all over them in OT but of course Ryan Miller was outstanding as always. I am a Buffalo fan and LOVE Ryan Miller. Then Sydney Crosby got one past him and CANADA WON!!!! Bring on another gold!!!

At the end of it all Canada shattered some records for medals. First of all, Canada has never won a gold medal on home soil before Alexandre Bilodeau got his. Canada also beat the record for the most medals won by a home country and they also won the most gold medals of these games! I find it funny how many more medals are handed out at the Summer Olympics. I looked at the medal totals and thought to myself, 14 gold medals is amazing but if you think about it, Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals in 1 olympics and that is just 1 man!

So now it is all over and I have to find something to fill my time.  I am proud to be Canadian every day but even more so after those amazing games and after seeing all of our amazing athletes.

The closing ceremonies were great and I love how we were able to poke fun at ourselves and Canadian culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment