Page Views

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let the renovations begin!

As we commence our bathroom renovations D & I started reminiscing about all of the renovations we have done in this house since we purchased it in 2005.


First it was the complete basement reno (and sadly the only project I took pictures of) which include complete demolition of a small rec room, bedroom and computer area. We built a wall blocking the entrance to the laundry room and busted through the bathroom to join the laundry room to it. We made a much larger rec room complete with bar and we moved the bedroom to the computer area(though it was a couple of years later before we completed the bedroom)

BEFORE/DURING SHOTS






THE COMPLETED REC ROOM:







Like I said before, after the recroom we waited a while and finally finished the bedroom in the basement, just off the recroom. 

In 2007 we removed the white wood siding and replaced it with vinyl siding. 

I have always hated my bedroom. When we moved in the walls were such a dark blue that they were basically black. The ceiling was painted a lovely black and gold. It took several coats of primer and paint to cover it. There was a disgusting pinkish shag like carpet. Finally one day I got so mad that I just ripped up the carpet and that began the bedroom reno. We now have floating floors, the walls are a nice green and I actually don't mind leaving the door open. 

Next was my hideous kitchen. The cupboards were painted an ugly light blue. One day while washing the walls I decided that enough was enough and I took down all of the cupboards and told D that we were going to build our own! And so we did! I don't have any BEFORE pictures but here is the finished product of the cupboard doors that D & I built. I just took the picture so there is a lot of shit on the counter, it doesn't normally look like that.


And now we are on to the bathroom in the basement. After completing all of those projects by ourselves we decided that a bathroom was too big of a job so we hired people. The work starts next week.

Stay tuned for before, during and after photos.







1 comment: