Page Views

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Frustrating!

So, as you know we are renovating our bathroom.

Here is the situation: We hired a contractor to do the work, he then brought in a tile guy to do the shower. The contractor insisted on waiting for the tile guy (who had about 2-3 weeks before he could come and help us). We wanted the work done sooner than later so the contractor brought in another tile guy. The new tile guy is great and we have heard good things about him. Wonderful.

Then days go by and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The tile guy is showing up and telling us what needs to be done and what needs to be ordered and giving us timelines and everything. YAY!

2 days go by and no sign of the contractor so D and I are getting extremely pissed off. Last night we go for a nice long walk and as we are returning home we see the contractor's truck here. When we enter the house we learn that the first tile guy is here too!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So D and I are extremely PISSED! The tile guy comes upstairs and is holding the $150-$200(I can't remember) drain system we have purchased and says "I am taking this, I need it for a job I am doing tomorrow. I ordered one but it wont be in until tomorrow afternoon so I will bring the new one to you tomorrow" D tells him that is OK. Again...WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?

So, I say to the contractor "Ok, why do we have 2 tile guys? 2 tile guys who have 2 completely different ideas and don't know about each other?? This needs to be taken care of!!"

Then the contractor informs me that the reason he hasn't been around to put up drywall is because he needs to wait for the plumbing to be done. I said WHY??? There is 1 wall that you can't put drywall up because of the plumbing, there are other walls that can be done! I was pissed at this point.

Then while the contractor was on his phone, I said to D "Ok, enough is enough. No more biting your tongue because I am not either, you tell him that he needs to take care of this tile guy problem and you tell him that there is other things that he can do before the plumbing is done!"

Conclusion: He called tile guy and told him he was going with someone different because he was too busy with other jobs. They got a couple of walls up last night.

That drain system better make it's way back here today or else I will be losing my shit!!!!

The saga continues...who knows when he will be back to do more work. He is ALL OVER THE PLACE, he takes on too many jobs and we will go days without seeing or hearing from him.

Deep breath....look forward to the finished product.... deep breath

No comments:

Post a Comment