Page Views

Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Fertility Clinic

Well clearly it is not mine, I do not own it. But it's the one I chose and the one I go to. So, I shall call it MINE.

It's a nice place. Yes,  I hated it over the holidays when I was at home stirring and bleeding and spotting, with my + HPT and nobody to get a hold of due to holiday hours but that is partially my fault, we picked a horrible time to do IVF. Hind sight is 20/20 though, right?

Anyway.... I do love them there. The staff is very nice and accommodating, I am always in and out pretty quickly (for the experience I have had at the actual clinic-many of my appointments have been teleconference or telephone) and they all always smile and wish you luck and answer any and all questions you have. They are there 7 days a week for you. During my IVF treatment, I ran out of Puregon. I mentioned it earlier that day at my appointment but they figured that I should have enough. I did not. So I called the doctor on call and he met me at the clinic on a Friday evening right around dinner time to get me more Puregon. Private health care was looking very good at this point. He even suggested delivering the meds to me but we decided meeting him there would be best.

Because this is the only place I have gone to for fertility treatments, I didn't realize that some people have to deal with clinics that are Monday to Friday clinics so you better not need treatment on a weekend. I actually laughed and was horrified to read the following line from a clinic's website while I was researching FET schedules:

Unfortunately, during a natural cycle, we cannot control the day of ovulation. If the day of embryo thaw and transfer falls regularly on a Sunday or holiday, the laboratory staff will become very unhappy

What??? Is that for real? I feel terrible for those couples who are dealing with such a clinic. Then I realized that some people are medicated to accommodate a Monday to Friday clinic schedule and while yes, the purpose of medication is to force things that won't happen naturally, I am glad that my clinic did not change my dosages to ensure that I fit into their schedule.

1 comment:

  1. WTF?? What is the point of even putting that on the website.

    ReplyDelete