Page Views

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The possibility of twins

D and I made the decision during our IVF cycle that twins would be too much for us. For many reasons, the main one being that my OB is 1.5 hours away and the hospital where I live is just not equipped to deal with the possibility of preemies and the support needed for pre-term labor that often occurs in multiple pregnancies. So for my own health and safety and the health and safety of the potential twins, we chose to transfer only 1 embryo.

For the FET, Dr. L has recommended that we transfer 2 embryos. We trust him and will seriously consider what he recommends and we will transfer 2 embryos (providing that 2 survive the thawing). So we are now dealing with the possibility that we will have twins. (we could also be dealing with the possibility that neither embryo will take but I choose to try and be positive)

Today, at work a woman came in for an ultrasound who is about 30 weeks pregnant with twins and it made me think. That could be me.

There are risks, there are concerns, there is hope.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad there is hope. I have hope for you as well. :::hugs:::

    ReplyDelete