Page Views

Saturday, April 3, 2010

D & D's Love Story: Moving in together

After dating for only 6 months D and I decided we would like to move in together. We were both still living with our parents and we talked about the option of each getting our own separate apartments but we knew that we would end up spending all of our time at each other's places so it just made more sense to move in together. We were in love and both ready for this step.

EEEK! I had never lived with a guy who I was in a relationship with!! In College I lived with a guy friend and it was great. And for about 2 months I stayed with my boyfriend at his parents' house while we did our job placements but this was going to be the real deal!

We heard about this little war time house that was for rent. This would be perfect because we had Roxy and she would have a yard. The tiny little house was perfect. It was 2 stories (though the top was just 2 bedrooms with slanted ceilings (hated that), a tiny little kitchen, a tiny little bathroom and a tiny little living room that made D's big screen tv look like a theater screen.

We went out and bought a couch and chair, my parents bought us a used washer and dryer and D's parents gave us their fridge and stove and they bought themselves new ones. Everything else, we had. I had a lot of stuff pulled out from storage and we moved in at the end of May.

Our landlords were our neighbors and they were great! They loved Roxy so much and would even buy treats to give to her all the time.

We lived in that little house for a year before we bought the house that we currently live in. I have many many fond memories of that little house, it was where D and I started building a life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment