Page Views

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I miss my dog

The countdown has begun until I get to go home. 2 more sleeps.

A lot of people don't understand the connection that someone has with their dog. My connection with Roxy is unreal. I truly believe that Roxy and I were meant to be from the second that I laid eyes on her.

How Roxy came into my life:

I was about 21 or 22 years old. I was just out of school and still living at home with my parents but was planning on moving out in a few months. My parents already had a dog, the family's Golden retriever, Riley.  (seen here with Roxy)


I got word of a puppy being given away. She was a few months old and I didn't even see a picture of her, all I knew was that she was about 4 months old and was black and brown but suddenly I needed to have this dog. So I went home to talk to my parents about it. Since I was still under their roof for a few more months, I needed their OK to bring another dog in their house.

I begged. I pleaded. I even lied and told them that if I didn't take her, they were going to put her to sleep. I begged some more. I promised that she would be gone with me in just a few months. Finally, my dad gave in and they agreed.


So the next day I went to meet the dog, named Roxanne. The house was pretty shady. The lady came out and called out "Melissa...ROXANNE" My immediate thought was that Melissa was the daughter. Then suddenly a scraggly looking white dog came running towards the house. My immediate thought was that I did not want that dog. But then within seconds I spotted Roxanne. She was adorable. I knelt to the ground and she came running right into my arms.

The lady was stunned. "You are the 4th person to come and see her and so far she was afraid of everyone else and wouldn't even go near them"

From that moment, Roxy and I were meant to be. She picked me just as much as I picked her. Of course, I shortened her name from Roxanne to Roxy.

Since that day the longest I have been away from her has been a week, when I go on vacation. It is hard and I miss her so much while I am gone but our reunion when I return is wonderful.

I think about Roxy everyday. I miss her so much. I have been away from her for 2 weeks and 3 days so far and it is hard. Only 2 more days until I can hug her and snuggle her and kiss her. I cannot wait.



2 comments: