Page Views

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Optimism and Superstition

My ever adorable husband and his infinite wisdom and optimism and superstitions. I love him.

A while back (a couple of years) he kept telling me how he was repeatedly seeing the number 11 and it was starting to creep him out. Everytime he looked at the clock, it was 11 past the hour. If he was watching a hockey game and liked a player, he was number 11, cost of things he would pay for had the number 11 in it. He even started playing the lottery and choosing the number 11 thinking it was a sign.

I just shook my head.

Then the 11s evolved to 9/11. He started seeing this combination everywhere. All. the. time.

So last night he tells me that he has been thinking about how he would see the number 11 all the time. And I said 'yeah?' and he said, maybe the sign that I wasn't getting was that we were going to have our baby in 2011. Then he pointed out that he was also seeing 9/11 everywhere, to which he pointed out to me that my EDD would be Sept 1, 2011: The 9th month, the 2011th year 9/11 (this is how we put it in Canada.. I think that other places it is 11/9?)

Freaky and hopeful? Yes if you are superstitious. I thought it was interesting.

Then there was tonight. Tonight when DH went to pay for dinner he paid with his debit card. When the tip option came up, he chose to have the machine calculate it by percentage. He chose 15%, the machine calculated it. The tip amount? $9.11.

Now that is effing freaky.


Tomorrow is Thursday, I might POAS. Maybe.

1 comment: