Page Views

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The tough decision

When D and I signed our consent forms for IVF, we signed that the maximum number of embryos we could transfer would be 2. I am very ok with that choice. I would never ever want to transfer more than 2.

But now we have to make the decision of "how many do we transfer?" 2 or 1.

It is a tough choice to make. If we transfer 2 and they both implant then we have twins. We are prepared for twins. It wouldn't be that horrible. It would be a blessing. The problem is that my OBGYN is an hour and a half away. And in the event of PTL or something, sometimes you don't have an hour and a half and that is terrifying.

On the other hand. Are we spending all of this money, time and am I going through all of this process to only transfer one and take our chances that if that one doesn't implant then we are done?

I have a lot stacked in my favor. My eggs are good and after yesterday I learned that I have a lot of them. My uterus is good, D has good sperm, I am young and healthy. we are lucky that the blocked tube is our only fertility problem (who ever thought I would refer to our Trouble TTC as 'lucky'??) but we are better off then a lot of couple who are dealing with 2 or more problems combined.

I am leaning more towards transferring just 1. If we make it to a 5 day transfer we will definitely only be doing 1. If we do a 3 day transfer I am torn over whether or not I want to do 1 or 2.

It's a tough choice. Once D gets here we will be having serious talks about this.

Of course there are a million more factors weighing on me on this topic.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck making your decision. I know I would have a hard time deciding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine making this decision. I'm sure whatever you decide will be right for you...I always wanted twins after going through TTC. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete