Page Views

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Scrooge's Christmas post

There will be no tree in my house for the 2nd year in a row.

There is really no point. Last year we were in Cuba and got home just in time for Christmas and since Cuba was our gift to each other there was really no point in putting a tree up so we didn't.

This year we are not doing gifts again because IVF cost too much. We don't buy gifts on my side of the family so we have 7 gifts wrapped and leaning against the wall. I don't feel like putting up a tree so we are skipping it again this year.

First of all, D is working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day from 7am-7pm. On Christmas Day I will be with my parents and sister volunteering serving a free Christmas lunch to those less fortunate and alone on Christmas. This lunch was started by my Pepere and I spent every Christmas as a kid doing this with him. I hadn't gone back since he died but we started again last year and I can't wait to do it again. Then we are having Christmas dinner at SIL's and on Boxing Day my other sister, BIL and nieces and nephew will be arriving and since the festivities will all be at my mom's house there is again, no point in putting up a tree in the house.

So there you have it. My Christmas decorations and tree were put back in their box in 2008 and have stayed there since.

While I am a Scrooge, I am very much looking forward to spending time with my family, playing games and there is a strong potential for a horse drawn sleigh ride!! Don't worry, I will post pics and you can all cringe at the amount of snow we have here.


I have a feeling that if IVF was successful, my Christmas attitude might change. Well, I will work on it.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is never about practicality and you my dear are extremely practical. The epitome of scrooge. I think you should get a small tree with decorations and keep it in a separate box so on years you have traveling, etc. you can pop it up quickly and have just a touch of whimsy for the holidays. Even on nights when you are alone or tired from working, its wonderful just have that soft glow of lights from the tree over a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Merry christmas and I hope your spirit does indeed change with your own little miracle. big hugs.

    ReplyDelete