Page Views

Monday, December 20, 2010

Miserable me

I am miserable.

This weekend I felt pretty good. My bloating went down significantly and I actually fit into my jeans. YAY.
Well, it was short lived. On Sunday I felt like crap, I was tired, my bloating came back with a vengeance, my back hurt, I felt icky and I was a bear.

My impatience has taken over and I just want an answer NOW. Pregnant or not. I want to know if I should embrace those "symptoms" with a wide smile or if I should want to hurl myself from the nearest roof top. Either way, I just want an answer. Because if I am feeling this way because I am pregnant then at least there is a reason and I know I will be so thrilled to have symptoms and side effects but as of now they are just there, annoying me.

There is no way that I will make it to my beta bloodwork. Absolutely no way.  And let me explain why:

My bloodwork SHOULD be done on Dec 23-24 (by my own calculations) but since the clinic closes on Dec 23rd, they put my beta draw to be done on the next day that they open: Dec 29th. That's fine. The problem is that I do not live in the city where the clinic is so I will not be doing my bloodwork there. That's also fine. There are labs where I live.

Problem? The lab where I live does not do the Beta HCG tests in-house and they get shipped to a town an hour and a half away. They do ship them every afternoon at 1pm. This means that the results will most likely not be back and ready to be faxed on the 29th before the clinic closes at 4pm. So I would get my results the next day right? WRONG! The clinic is closed on the 30th. Because they are starting a new round of patients to be monitored, they are only open every 2nd day for those patients.

So the very earliest I would get my results is Dec 31. This is frustrating to say the least. Frustrating to the point that I cannot make it another 2 weeks before I have an answer.

So, I have 90% decided that I am going to POAS this week. I don't know if it will be Thursday or Friday or Saturday or Sunday but I will be peeing on something!

I don't know how it works with AF after doing an IVF cycle. I am due to get in on Wednesday but with all of the hormones and shit I have pumped through my body in the past 2 months, who knows what the hell is going on in there.

Thursday is 14 days past egg retrieval (aka 14DPO) so that would be the earliest I will test at home.

Can I just go to sleep and wake up where there is an answer? Kthanks.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Petey is getting extra comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be extremely frustrating. hang in there honey. ::crosses everything for luck::

    ReplyDelete