Page Views

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The 2010 Winter Olympics opened yesterday

Let me start this off by first expressing my deepest sorrow and sadness for the death of the Gerogian athlete, Nodar Kumaritashvili. It is absolutely tragic that he lost his life at such a young age. I hope that he was in the Luge because he loved it (some countries force their athletes to compete) and that he died doing something that he loved to do. I was sickened by the tragedy but even more sickened by the fact that the video has been played numerous times on the television. People are intrigued by the most disgusting things, I find it extremely inappropriate and sad that people would choose to view a video of someone's death.

I am a big fan of the Olympics. I love the summer Olympics, I love the Winter Olympics. The fact that these Games are being held in Canada is that much sweeter. Though it is not anywhere in Canada that is close to me, I still feel a sense of pride for the Canadian athletes.

I really enjoyed the Opening Ceremony and loved the how artisitic and visual the entire thing was. I am very proud of all of the hard work that went into putting together such a lovely ceremony. I was also very proud to see such amazing Canadian athletes carrying the torch and then passing it on to the Great One to light the cauldron. GO GRETZKY!!!

I am proud to be a Canadian and even more so at times like this.

GO CANADA GO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The luger’s death is a tragedy! Luge looks like such a neat sport, but also very dangerous at the same time. His death will cast a pall over these Olympic Games. RIP

    ReplyDelete