Page Views

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back from the doctor

I knew it was going to be tough to go to this appointment so I was semi prepared. I arrived to a packed waiting room (as usual) There were only 3 pregnant ladies so that wasn't too bad. I presented at the desk and the receptionist verified my info and then said "you are pregnant?" I said "no, I miscarried" I felt bad because you could tell she felt badly and she apologized but I couldn't get through when I tried to call a few times to inform the office. Either way the appointment was originally a follow up after my HSG anyway so I knew I had to go no mater what.

Within 15 minutes of sitting down the office changed from 3 out of 8 pregnant ladies to 5 out of 8 pregnant ladies. I choked back tears a few times but was able to hold it together. I got called in after about 40 minutes, which is the quickest I have ever been called in at his office.

He was really nice as usual, I really like him and he is worth the 1.5 hour drive and the usual 1-2 hour wait in his office. He told me that his original plan was to start me on Clomid today but since I got pregnant without the aid of meds that maybe we should wait a little while longer. He said he would like us to wait for my next period before we start TTC again and then that will give us 2 more cycles to TTC before I see him again. My appointment is scheduled for May 3 and if I am not pregnant again by that time then I will start Clomid.

So now I am off to do some Clomid research.

Oh yeah! He also showed me the report from my HSG since he wasn't 100% sure about the right tube during the test because he didn't have a clear enough view. Righty is definitely blocked by scar tissue.

I was a little relieved to hear him tell me to wait for my next period before TTC again. I was really on the fence about if I wanted to wait or go ahead so I am glad that he decided it for me.

Today was supposed to be a very different day but I am glad that we have a plan now.

No comments:

Post a Comment