Page Views

Friday, February 26, 2010

A thank you and more olympic talk

After yesterday and my pity party I wanted to say a big huge thank you to the ladies who listened, sympathised and really gave me some sound advice. I have decided that yes, I am a bitter and whiney bitch but that is my cross to bear and I am working to get through my negative feelings. Someone who feels the need to put others down in order to make themselves feel better is not worth my time or my pain!

Now to the Olympics!! They are on 24/7 in my house, I love watching them and cheering on Canada! Last night the women's hockey team won Gold!!! YAY!!!!!!! Also, Joannie Rochette won a bronze medal in figure skating. A few days ago her mother passed away suddenly from a heart attack, Joannie decided to be courageous and still skate in the Olympics. My heart broke for her a million times and I couldn't imagine having to make that decision. She has a lot of really tough moments ahead of her now that her Olympics are finished and I hope that she is able to cope with the heart ache.

I think I have seen every Canadian medal that was won except for 1 of them. I am crazy for the Olympics and the heart and soul that goes into every event. From the people who built the venues, the volunteers, the coaches, the athletes, the security. I appreciate it all and can't imagine the planning and work that goes in to it.

Canada is guaranteed 2 more medals in Curling as the men and women are both playing in the gold/silver medal match. The men's hockey team faces Slovakia today in the Semi finals, I predict that they will face the US in the gold medal game. Let's hope they do better than a few nights ago when they played them and lost.

!!GO CANADA GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment