Page Views

Friday, June 11, 2010

And now my hopes are UP UP UP

So here's the thing. In 1 week from today D & I leave for our little summer vacation. Our first stop is to visit friends of ours, when we arrive on Friday we are having a BBQ with other friends from the area. There will be us + 3 other married couples and another male friend with his new girlfriend. I am excited for this. Here is the problem though. One of the wives is pregnant and about as far along as I should be, the other is also pregnant and we just found out. Of course I am happy for them and that alone is not the problem... the problem is that I should be expecting my period that day. I always have a mini meltdown on the day my period arrives, it's just what I do. Throw in a couple of pregnant ladies and it makes for an interesting combo.

So, I have been spending my time trying to prep myself for the heartache that I will be feeling. I will have my meltdown in private I just don't want it all to come pouring out of my eyes after a glass or 7 of wine. You know?

So today, someone pointed out to me: Hey! Your chart looks just like your chart did when you were pregnant! Ugly with flat temperatures. Why yes... yes it does.

So... for the first time since I had my miscarriage I went and looked at my chart from my December 15th cycle. I stared at it feeling an empty place in my heart and then I noticed... the flat temp from that cycle is the same flat temp from this cycle. Now don't get me wrong, I have flat temps every cycles but the only time I have had 5+ is now and when I was pregnant.

FUCK! I don't want another disappointment. I am trying to be realistic because I know this means nothing but my hopes shot way up today and I feel like this will cause an epic meltdown.

Maybe while we are in Niagara Falls I will cry right into the falls and make them that much more mighty!

Christ, I am a Debbie Downer lately.

2 comments:

  1. {hugs} I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this cycle but I can't help it. Hopefully we'll both get good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweetie. FWIW I've only had flat temps three times...My BFP, my CP and now this cycle too.

    Maybe we are going to be cycle twin BFP's this cycle. That would be awesome right? and you cry and make the niagara more mighty in happiness.

    It could happen!

    ReplyDelete