Page Views

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another interview

In an attempt to think about or talk about something other than the RE and IVF and my poor emotional state I want to discuss my job.

As you know, I recently took a different job here at the hospital. A few weeks ago I had also applied for a job that is out of town (in a town about an hour away). The OOT job is for a Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist which is what I used to do and I love doing. I miss it a lot.

They called this week and booked me in for an interview on Thursday. I don't know what I am going to do. I haven't even started my new job yet and I am already interviewing for another position.

Let's imagine for a moment that they offer me the job.

If the schedule at the other job is steady and consistent I am going to see about working the new job around it and commuting and doing both jobs. I also thought about getting a weekend job as a bartender to make lots of good tips and then the IVF money would roll right in (ok, so I am not totally NOT talking about it)

I am just going to play it by ear for now. Do the other interview and see what it's all about. The commute would totally suck, I have done that commute before, but if the pay is good and the hours are good then I will seriously consider it. I will have to make sure that the benefits outweigh the downfalls. Like if I am waisting more money on gas than what I make, then it will certainly not be worth it.

So for now I just wait and play it by ear.
We'll see what happens on Thursday.

And if you believe that everything happens for a reason or that things fall into place. They scheduled the interview for a day that I should be working but booked it off because I am heading to go and babysit my niece and nephew for the weekend and I have to drive through the town where the interview is to get there. Could be coincidence....could be fate. I don't know what I believe in anymore so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment