Page Views

Thursday, September 23, 2010

D's birthday

Yesterday was D's 28th birthday. For one month and 7 days, we are the same age. But after that time passes, I jump up a year and am officially older. What was I thinking marrying a younger man? I am going to hit all of the milestones first. 30, 40, 50. GAH!



Anyway, back to the birthday.



Since we are saving every extra penny we have for IVF, we decided there would be no gifts this year. So I made D his favorite. Veal parmesan and fettucine alfredo. (I had a big salad and it was delicious) so when he got home from work at 7, his dinner was ready to go. Then his parents and my mom came over for cake.



I baked.



For those who don't know. I am a horrible baker. I do not bake. It's so bad that I had to borrow cake pans from my MIL because I don't even own any. Seriously. I do. not. bake. But I made the attempt. I didn't burn it and it didn't stick to the pan. YAY! D wanted a 2 layer cake because he likes where there is frosting in the middle. So I took it up a notch and added caramel and mini rolos to the middle and frosted the rest. That was a mess. It was not pretty. I broke off some of the cake while I was frosting it (with a spoon cause I don't even own one of those frosting spreader tool things). It wasn't pretty but it was delicious. And in the end that is all that matters.






And then for the gift portion of the evening. As I said, we decided not to buy gifts but I though I would do something for D. So before he got home from work, I took a couple of *ahem* pictures of myself. After the guests left, I emailed the pictures to D with a note that said "Happy Birthday, come and find me. Love Dee." Then I put the laptop on the table in front of the couch with a note on it that said 'Check your email' and then I went upstairs to light some candles, put on some lingerie and wait for him.


Well at that moment, D decided to return a phone call from his cousin/friend. So he saw the note and checked him email while he was on the phone!!! He was so shocked and he spent the next 5 minutes trying to rush his cousin off the phone.

Despite the little mishap, it worked like charm.


Twice.




And here are the pictures I sent him:







HAHAHAH YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!

1 comment: