Page Views

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I ran 10K today

I, of course have my 5K CIBC Run for the Cure in 2 weeks but today I decided to do the Terry Fox Run which is 10K. I tried it last year to see if I could and I was able to so I wanted to do it again this year.

Since I am already collecting money for my Run for the Cure, I did not collect pledges for this run, I mean there is only so much you can ask from people. So I give a personal donation and I do the run.

I feel great! I was able to run the whole thing except for a small break that I took and walked for about 4-5 minutes while I drank some water and let my heart rate settle down. But then I picked it back up and had a great run.

I am very proud of myself and like I said, I feel great. My whole body is thanking me for a great workout and plus I love running, it is very addicting.

It would have been very easy for me to not do the run. Friends were having some drinks together last night and I very well could have said "Aw, screw it! I work out during the week and I deserve this night of fun" but I really wanted to do the run and I have been working much to hard to ingest a bunch of empty calories. Plus, since I am not in a great place emotionally I decided to lay off the drinks, alcohol is a depressant and I really don't need that.

Sadly though, I had to have 1 beer in front of everyone just to avoid the potential of anyone wondering if I am pregnant. My friends know what we are going through but there is always that little suspicion because my friends and I like to party and for someone to lay low for a night is sometimes fishy. LOL

Anyway, I am tooting my own horn here by talking about the run I did, but I am proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment