Page Views

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The rest of my day yesterday

Yes I love Dr. L. I reall really appreciated his care, compassion and honesty.

But yesterday was an overwhelming day. I tried to keep my emotions out of yesterday's blog post because I just wanted to give all of you dear people who have been so supportive of me, the facts. So today I want to talk a bit about my emotions.

I had convinced myself that at the very most Dr. L may suggest an IUI. I thought he might have some other meds to try first or some treatment I had never heard of. I did not expect him to tell us that our best chance will be IVF. I was shocked. The thought shocked me, the price shocked me. My initial reaction was that I would beg, borrow and steal to get the money and I would start the process immediately. D, on the other hand is a little more realistic. And while at the time it hurt to hear him say he thought that we should keep trying au naturel for a while and saved up money for the IVF, I know he made sense.

So I cried. I cried for D, who unfortunately fell in love with a broken woman, I cried for my strong desire to be a mother, a desire that I have always had. I cried for everyone who has had to deal with this. I cried for all of things I will be giving up in order to be able to afford an IVF cycle.

Yes, it is good news that we are moving forward and getting help and I am 90% on board with all of it but it was just so overwhleming and shocking that my head is spinning, absolutely spinning.

So yesterday I sent the "What IF" video to my sisters and my mom along with this blog post by dear, sweet Sulfa. I wanted to get them to understand how I feel daily, it is something that people just don't get. Especially my family, the fertiles myrtles.

Then last night I told my parents and we told D's parents about what Dr. L said and all of that. We had to really tell them more about our TTC. My parents knew mainly but nobody really knew how long it has been. I think that all had it in their heads that since I got pregnant once, it will happen again. They didn't know how long we had been trying for when I finally did get my BFP.

It was hard to divulge all of that information and I cried at my ILs. I cried because I was ashamed, sad and embarassed. It was really the first time that I had to come out of the closet to them. They had a basic idea of what is going on but not the full details. I felt stupid for crying but I couldn't hold it in. I think that FIL was embarassed that I was crying because he is not used to people showing emotions. SIL is made of stone and he is not really the comforting type.

I don't really know how to wrap this up. I guess I just needed to vent my emotions a bit.

One day at a time.

Oh yeah and also, according to my chart I am 14 DPO. I think it is wrong so I am ignoring it and I am oretty sure that I feel AF coming. Wouldn't it be some weird twist if I was pregnant?!?!?!?!? If on the day that I saw my RE, I actually had a little teenie tiny miracle in my ute? Not likely, but imagine?!!?!

3 comments:

  1. Dee (((((())))))). Loves and loves. I love that you have hope no matter what. I am glad you got it off your chest and it hopefully will help your family be better supports for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracles do happen. Mine survived 3 cyst ruptures and lots of fluid and still impanted! I'm sorry you have to emotionally go through all this but if you didn't feel that way, I'd probably be more worried. What you are feeling, I suspect is natural and nothing to be ashamed of. YOU are not broken....just one little part of you does not perform to maximum specified function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so much to take in. You were brave for sharing all of that with your families. It is understandable to be embarrassed, but you should be very proud of yourself too. The money thing sucks so bad. It's so stupid that so many people's progress in building a family is hindered by money. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete