Page Views

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another tattoo?

I have always considered the idea of another tattoo. I have 3. I got my first when I was about 16, behind my parents' back. It is a Chinese symbol that means Happiness, the next I got when I was 18 or 19, it is another Chinese symbol on the other side of my lower back that means "Truth" The third I got in Vegas in 2009. It is on my foot, near my heel, just below my ankle bone. It is an L and a 3 that are together and looks like a heart in hot pink. The L is the last-name initial of my maiden name (and also my married name) and the 3 represents my 2 sisters and I.

I vowed never to get a tattoo unless I was really sure and it had some meaning. I have decided I want another one and I know exactly what I want. I want something to honor my 2 lost babies. They both had EDDs in September and one of the flowers of September is the forget-me-not. So I want to get 2 forget-me-nots (which incidentally in tattoo form mean "remembrance"). I am thinking maybe on the top of my foot but I am not sure. I like having them in places that I can hide if need be. (professional or classy reasons)But I know for sure that I want this tattoo and I want it in a place where I can look at it without contorting myself or having to use a mirror.

I am welcoming suggestions for placement and also suggestions for design, if anyone is artistically inclined or knows of a good website, I would be very grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe on your hip? Definitely easy to hide, but you can always look right down there at it.

    Also, if you find a good tattoo shop, then you can just take in an actual photo of forget-me-nots and the artist will draw it up for you. A lot of tattoo artists (every one that i've worked with) prefer to do it that way vs. using someone else's work.

    In any case, I think that is a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foot would be a good place or maybe the upper thigh: close to the ute, visible to you, easy to hide and one of the less painful spots to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite tats of my own are on my hips. They feel more personal, like they are just for me since they are not visible. I have Chinese characters on my left hip that mean "Karma" and on my right hip, I have my zodiac symbol Virgo with Morning Glory flowers (also the September flower) woven in. It's by far my favorite out of the 5 I have. :)

    ReplyDelete