Page Views

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Taking a Vacation

Before IVf we decided that if we could financially do it, we would take a vacation in April. Either way. If I was pregnant then it would be good to get away one last time before the baby would be born and if I wasn't then it would be nice to take a vacation and try and leave my worries at home.

So we all know the outcome. And so I am not changing that plan. I am going on a vacation.

A group of our friends are heading to Cuba at the end of the month but my paid holidays don't kick in until March (or April, I am not sure) so we decided to head out on Good Friday for 1 week to a hot destination. The criteria? It much be a hot destination, an all inclusive resort, 4 Stars or better with many restaurants and bars and it MUST be adults only. There is no way I want to spend my vacation away from my trouble surrounded by families and babies. No thank you.

As soon as I am able to look forward to things again I am sure I will get excited about this vacation. Until then, I am looking for the perfect destination. We are thinking Mexico or Jamaica but we are not too picky as long as it meets the criteria.

3 comments:

  1. We went to a Sandals Resort in St Lucia and LOVED it. There are 3 Sandals Resorts on the island and if you stay at one you can visit/eat at all three. The food was wonderful and the island was beautiful! You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time at the Sandals Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It was adults only and a freaking awesome piano bar. Definitely reccomed staying on the water side.. they had a montain side and a water side..it was fun. enjoy our vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stayed at a great adults only place in Mexico, Royal Catalonia Tulum. It was all inclusive and I thought it was wonderful, of course it was my first trip to Mexico so I was easy to please. I think we booked it through WestJet travel.
    My parents have been to Cuba several times and love it, I can ask my mom where they stayed if you like. I know that they always stay at adults only, because my mom is allergic to small children (lol).

    ReplyDelete