Page Views

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Surgery day

I am still a big foggy so I hope this blog makes sense.

I got to the Day surgery ward, they got me all registered, gowned up and put my IV in. He was running a little bit behind so I was about an hour late getting into the OR.

I was told that I would be put under, intubated and then I would wake up in recovery. They set aside 20 minutes for my surgery plus 30 minutes in recovery. So D expected me back after about an hour.  I came back 2 hours later.

Here is my recollection:

I woke up in recovery and immediately had to puke. So I was heaving in the K basin and the nurse gives me some gravol through my IV. My throat and mouth were so sore and dry from the intubation that I could barely speak. She asked me if I had pain and I said yes. My stomach was very sore. So she gave me 4 pills to swallow, I didn't find out until later what they were and I am still not even sure. Because my gown was up around my waist I kept asking her if my butt was showing, but I had a lot of blankets on. I think I asked a couple of more nurses and D if it was showing.

When they wheeled me back to the Day surgery ward I immediately started crying for no apparent reason. I wanted to vomit again but since I have nothing to through up, it was just spit. I felt like complete crap and just sitting me up in the bed made me want to vomit. I then driften in and out of conciousness for a while. While I slept D left for a little walk (it was a really long day for him and i feel bad) the nurse came to see if I was ready to go, she was going to take out my IV and I would get dressed and get home. SHe lifted my bed to get me up and then walked away to get something. When she left I felt like I had to puke again. I couldn't find the K basin so I puked in my water cup. Lovely.

The day resumed like that, they finally told me that in recovery I got some Oxycodone, Toradol and I think percacet. Not sure. I did not react well to those meds and mixed with the gravol, I still feel like shit today. SO they gave me more gravol through my IV and sent me home.

At some point in that blurr Dr. R came to talk to us.
He said my left tube is perfect and open and the dye shot right through it. He said my right tube is a "big mess" (his exact words) He drilled and blasted and tried to open up the right tube and said after a while a little bit of dye went through. He didn't know how long that would last because the scar tissue was pretty thick and heavy but I will hang on to any hope possible. I am going to hold off on the Clomid until I see him again in 6 weeks and we can have a good conversation about it.

So that is that.

I am still feeling sick and dizzy and a bit stoned so I hope that made sense.

Oh, and there is 3 incision areas where he put in the camera and the tools, My right side feels like I got beat up by a string of boxers and wrestlers. I am in quite a lot more pain than I expected to be in, probably because he did a lot of manipulating in there.

1 comment: