Page Views

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yesterday we took the maiden voyage in the new boat

I can't remember if I posted the story of how we acquired said boat on my blog so I will give a brief recap.

My dad decided that he was getting too old to lug around the longer boat and much much heavier motor and that he wanted something smaller that he and my mom could get some good use out of. So he came over and offered his old boat, motor and trailer to D and I. This boat belonged to my Pepere (french Canadian slang for grandpa) and my dad remembers buying it with him and how excited he was and he said it would break his heart to sell the boat. He wants it kept in the family.

I was very close with my Pepere, he passed away in 2001 and I miss him everyday. My world fell apart when he died and I feel so honored to now own something that was his. Something that he saved his money for and bough brand new.

So I was thinking that we should name the boat. When I was a kid I was pretty annoying, I never shut up and I would stick to my Pepere like glue. He used to call me his 'Mouche a Merde' this means 'Shit fly' because I was always buzzing around him like a fly to shit. So there you have it, I named the boat the 'Mouche a Merde'

The first outing in it was great. The weather was nice and sunny, it was a bit windy though which made it chilly but not bad. I outfished D and we had a wonderful day!

Getting ready to put it in the water


Aaaand, we're boating



Because I always have to be a goof


First catch of the day.


Second catch of the day (D made me actually touch this one, I am laughing my ass off)


Nice relaxing day


D finally caught one!


****No fish were killed in the making of this blog. All 3 fish were release back into the water.

1 comment:

  1. With sore mouths. Might as well had them for dinner :p

    ReplyDelete