Page Views

Friday, May 21, 2010

Things I didn't know

I kind of went into that surgery without knowing what to expect. He told me he would put a camera through my belly button, look around, shoot some more dye in there and see what is blocking my tube. Sounds simple enough right?

Here are a list of things I didn't realize would happen:

-   I have 3 incision holes, he made 2 more to get some tools in there to poke around.

-    When they tell you that you will feel fine the next day or 2, they don't factor in the beating that your uterus took

-    They actually pump your belly full of air so they have an easier time looking around and while they try to release all of the air, some stays behind. This air then pushes on your diaphragm and gives your some pretty bad shoulder pain. Interesting side effect. And because the air is outside of your organs, you can feel it floating around in there and can't do a thing to push it out

-    When the doctor says your right tube is a big mess from a previous surgery but that he tried to clear it out, expect pain. Expect to feel like your right side has been repeatedly punched and kicked by someone twice your size and 250 times your strength.

-   When they give you pain meds, find out what they are before taking them. This 2 day hangover from a cocktail of medications that I am still not sure what it was is awful. For a girl who doesn't even take tylenol for a headache, giving me heavy narcotics was not the greatest thing for me.


Last night I cried, I was tired and frustrated and I couldn't get comfortable no matter how I laid. So I cried.  I cried for the unexpected pain I was in, I cried for the frustration I felt at having to struggle for a baby that comes so easily to some, I cried for feeling sorry for myself when so many people are much worse off than I am. I just cried.

2 comments:

  1. ::hugs:: sometimes you just need to cry. If it makes you feel better I cried because I was nauseated and Taco Bell messed my order up so I couldn't eat my burrito. :( See, you have a MUCH better excuse then me :) Feel better now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me feel better. ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete