Page Views

Saturday, July 24, 2010

At the Desk

Yes people, it is time for another edition of AT THE DESK. Today's story comes to you from around the corner of the desk and could be called FROM THE LOBBY.

The other day I was sitting, reading my book during my break when 2 young mothers wheel their strollers over to the seats near me. It is 2pm (remember this part it is important).

*The italicized word will symbolize my thoughts of what I am witnessing

The mothers are eating cheesies and chatting. The one baby in the stroller is reaching her arms out for a cheesie. Mother of the year hands her one and says "Yeah, I guess you would be hungry since I haven't fed you since this morning" Um, it's 2pm and this poor toddler has only had breakfast and now she is having cheesies for lunch? FFS

I am trying to ignore these people because frankly I want to steal their babies and take proper care of them and their presence alone is heart breaking to me because why do these young single girls get babies and I don't?

So the toddler begins to squirm and wiggle and whine because she wants out of her stroller. Then when the mother undoes the safety straps the kid says "SHIT!"

The mother laughs and then proceeds to say this to her friend "I don't know why she says that! I never say that, I only say the F-word. I have no idea where she picked up the S-word because I seriously never say it, I say the F-word all of the time but never the S-word. Weird eh? Did you hear her just say it when I undid her straps?"


At this point it was time for me to go back to work. Gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment