Page Views

Thursday, July 8, 2010

What day is it? Where am I?

The past few days have been a whirlwind. We have been back and forth and up and down and round and round.

Starting Sunday we headed straight to D's aunt's house. While we were there I suggested that D stay with his cousin to be with him through the grief of losing his dad. I said that I would come back to pick him up the following day after I was done work. I also suggested that he take Monday night off and I would pack him a bag and bring it to him. He decided to come home to work though.

Then tuesday we headed back to Aunt B's house (they live in a town about an hour away). That night was the wake. It was very sad and we stayed until the very end to be there with the family. D has been amazing and just been spending time with his cousins just to be there for them (especially with A-they are very very close) so that night we stayed with A until about 1am. I was exhausted and told D if he wanted to stay with him that I would go to the hotel alone and come and get him in the morning. But he chose to come back to the hotel since it would be a long day the next day with the funeral and all.

Yesterday was the funeral. The very nice service but heartbreaking funeral. After which a bunch of friends and family got together at A's brother's house. At some point in the afternoon D said that he would stay the night with A. They are heading to the cottage today for the night. So I came home last night, I have a bunch of stuff to do today and then I have to go to the cottage tonight for the night and then D & I will head back tomorrow. It is going to be very very hard leaving A tomorrow. He will head back home (which is out of province) in the next few days. He is heart broken about this and plans to come back home ASAP.

I told D that when A does decide to come home that we will fly him out and he can drive back with him. It is ridonculously expensive to fly throughout Canada but I said we would make it work because when we suggested it to A, he was so happy and thankful for the offer.

MIL and D keep thanking me for being so great throughout all of this but I really don't see what I have done. Yes, I have encouraged D to be with his cousin and I have done whatever I can to help out at Aunt B's with food and cleaning and what not but I feel like those are just natural instincts and I am not doing anything special. I wish there was more that I could do but unfortunately we now have to move on to life without Uncle Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment