Page Views

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Completely out of context: my bachelorette party

I thought about writing a D & D Love Story today but instead I shall write about my bachelorette party. I am being nostalgic.

When a friend of mine got engaged she has a bachelorette party, a wedding shower and a Stag & Doe (this is a party for both the bride and groom and is made to raise money for them to help pay for the wedding. I have also heard them referred to as a Jack & Jill and Buck & Doe)

I found all of this to be very excessive. Firstly I don't really believe in wedding showers. I think they are gift grabby and silly. Why would you have a shower for an event that you will get gifts for anyway? I understand why people have them and I don't shame them or judge them for that but personally I did not want one. So when I got engaged I told the wedding party that if they wanted to do something we would like a Stag & Doe. That way all of our friends and family could get together before the wedding and party together! It is expensive to throw a party so I also offered to help with the costs and the work of it all. My thought was that it is mine and D's choice to get married so why should everyone else go broke?

We had our Stag & Doe and it was great! We had so much fun and raised a ton of money! Everyone had a great time. My sisters did an amazing job throwing the party! A couple of pictures for fun:

My bridesmaids & I with our custom made t-shirts


The guys with their t-shirts:

My girlfriends and I trying to take a group shot but my BIL had to get in on it:


OK... Now back to the reason of this blog post. My bachelorette party. After the Stag & Doe I was overwhelmed with how much people did for us. I thought that it was way too much and I thanked everyone profusely and FORBID them to have anything else for us pre-wedding.

The wedding was coming up in November (2007) and I had to make a trip out of town in September for some final wedding shopping. When I go to visit my sisters I have to make the plans in advance because my nieces and nephew are very involved in sports and extra curriculars and they have a crazy busy schedule so I have to make sure that they have time for my visit.

I planned this visit for the end of September and D would not be joining me. Little did I know, my sisters had the bachelorette party in the works.

The day we went shopping my sister, N said that she had got called in to work at her second job and was couldn't come shopping. I was very upset and hurt because I had been looking forward to this but I get that wedding shopping is not everyone's favorite thing to do. So my sister K and I got my final shopping done.

When we returned back to her house, N was already there to meet up with us for dinner. I entered the house to see a bunch of food on the table and was surprised by my girlfriends (who all had to travel from out of town to get there) I bawled my eyes out and couldn't believe it!!!

Also joining us were a few of my sisters friends. I was shocked and excited and overwhelmed.

The plan? First we got a private lap dance lesson, then a limo came to pick us up to take us out bar hopping. I, of course, had to wear some ridiculous things and had a list of things to get done by the end of the night. It was a great night and I still smile when I think about it.

Me and my amazing sisters who orchestrated the whole thing:


The group:



Lap dance lesson (one of the more tame pictures):
We also had to get on top of the bar and have a dance off with another bachelorette party!

I likes me some victory shooters

 And a penis straw for fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment