Page Views

Sunday, October 31, 2010

CD 1: The official beginning of the 1st IVF Stage?

My period showed up on time. CD28. For the first time in a very long time I was very happy to see the bitch get here on time. So, as per instructions I called the RE's office to inform the nurse that today was Day 1 of my cycle and she would advise me how to proceed (even though Dr. L told me that I would start the pill on CD3-aka Monday) I am immediately freaking out because now it is happening. I am hyperventilating (not extreme but in serious need of some deep breaths).

So the girl I speak to informs me that she needs to pull my chart and then she will call me back in a few hours and that our complete payment is due. Ok, fine. So we spend some time on the phone with the credit card company and online moving the money into the proper accounts so that we can pay the credit card bill immediately after the transaction is processed (the only way to pay is by credit card because we live so far away from the office so bringing a check or paying my debit is not an option)

So the time passes and I continue to freak out and run through a string of emotions and the girl calls back. Our conversation goes something like this:

"Hello Dee, we have your chart. I will have a nurse review and she will get back to you some time. If you don't hear from us by Wednesday, maybe try giving us a call. You need a 2 hour information session with the nurse before we can even begin your treatments so chances are you won't be able to start this month"

"Pardon me?? I just had an appointment with Dr. L on Thursday and he assured me that we would be starting this month, that is our plan and he knew my period was due today"


The conversation continued like that for a while. I am extremely frustrated with this broad who knows nothing about OUR situation and OUR file. I am right now going by what Dr. L said and I will be calling his assistant on Monday morning to see what we do. I did not like the attitude of the girl I spoke to, she was not listening to me whatsoever and I realize that there are protocols but I really do not want to hear from a receptionist that I may not be able to start my IVF cycle after my RE said that I am. It's frustrating and scary.


So until tomorrow, I will try to remain calm and see what my doctor has to say. I think they already faxed in my prescription for BCP but I am not 100% sure, will find out tomorrow, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment