Page Views

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween costume update

Well our shopping trip turned out perfectly for D. Not so much for me but all have been taken care of and I am back to being super excited.


We get to the store with our plans of being Dick in a Box guy and Mary Katherine Gallagher. I really wanted to go as a couple of some type and figured since they were both SNL characters that would be OK. Well, we get to the store and D spots a wig and immediately he says. 'That wig kind of looks like Ron Burgundy. I should go as Ron Burgundy!" And then everything fell into place. The store we were at is a 2nd hand thrift store but they are a Halloween costume headquarters as well (the costumes and stuff are new). So, off we go to Men's suits and there is a red/burgundy suit jacket. It's a little tight but it works. Then we find some red/burgundy pants. They are about 4 sizes to small but they fit everywhere, he just can't do them up. We decide to figure something out. So we grab a tie, the wig, find a moustache and then D finds these old 70s/80s like white leather shoes and the outfit is complete! D will go as Ron Burgundy and that scraps our "couples" idea because Veronica Corningstone is not really a great Halloween costume.







Now it is my turn. I find the plaid skirt and a sweater vest but they are the wrong colours and when I put it on, it's not as funny as I hoped. So we search the store trying to find the same motivation that D had by finding one key piece but nothing seems to work. So I leave the store empty handed and without a plan. Immediately when we get home I start searching online looking for ideas or a costume to order and I come across a costume that is perfect for me.

For those who are not aware, I am a huge Rocky fan. I cried for hours after watching the latest Rocky Balboa. I think Sly Stallone is the best man who ever walked the earth. My next dog will be named Balboa. I love love love love him.

So in my search for a costume I come across this and I know instantly that it is perfect and it needs to be my costume!!



Yes, the dress is quite short and I would never wear those hooker heels with it but I figure if I order it big enough, maybe the skirt will be long enough. I am willing to take the chance. Of course the only size available is a SMALL. Um, yeah not happening. So I search for a good 30-45 minutes for this costume somewhere else and every website says the same thing. Not available in the size I want or the shipping is something astronomical and there is no way I am paying a $50 shipping charge. Ridiculous.

So D makes this suggestion. Order the men's costume in a SMALL and just wear a 'wife beater'

PERFECTION!!! So I have this costume on order (minus the wig and boots):



The costume only came in a one size fits most deal. It said the shorts would fit a size 30-40 waist so I am assuming they are adjustable. I worry that the robe will be too big but it so I will see if my mom can take it in at all.


We are not going as a couple but I am excited to be Rocky and D's costume is hilarious so I am pretty happy.

Pictures to come after the party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment