Page Views

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The plan is made.

D & I saw our new friend Dr. L today. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the Teleconference appointments? Our 20-minute appointment today was NOT accompanied by an 8 hour drive. I love it!

So here is a brief rundown.

All of my test results came back normal! Woot woot! I was surprised actually that my Iron came back normal because I have always had a history of low iron and it has not been checked since I stopped eating meat. But lo and behold, it was good :) YAY ME!!

So here is the plan. Yes, there is a plan!

In a couple of weeks (sometimes before my next AF) I will have a teleconference appointment with Dr.L that is an hour long and will entail him explaining everything there is for us to know about IVF and what we will be going through. We will sign our consent forms and then arrange our $500 deposit (peanuts compared to the amount that we will be forking out). Then we will arrange another teleconference appointment with the nurse to go over how to do the injections and all of that fun stuff.

Then when AF arrives in early November (today is CD6, the countdown is ON) then I will start BCP and daily injections. And when AF arrives in December we will begin the hardcore IVF. I will travel to the city where the clinic is for 10 days and we will do all of the bloodwork, ultrasounds, tests, Egg Retrieval and Embryo transfer in that time.

So December it is. Hopefully we will have a test date close to Christmas and we will get good news. Honestly, that would be the only thing that could cure this Scrooge!

It is overwhelming and crazy to think how quickly this is all going to happen. But we are ready and even though I will have a few meltdowns from now until then and then when the hormone injections I am sure I will be a crazy bitch but it will all be worth it in the end.

::deep breaths::

1 comment:

  1. This is very exciting (and scary!). This time is going to fly by! We will deal with all your meltdowns and hormonal psycho rants if it means getting you ktfu! GL!

    ReplyDelete