Page Views

Monday, October 4, 2010

Taking on the whirlwind one day at a time

Everything seems to be exploding and happening all at once.

Let me try to explain without being too confusing. We will start with job stuff.

1- As we know I am switching departments here at the hospital, the new job will still be part time. I am scheduled to start there next week. (we will refer to this job as 'new hospital job')

2- Remember the lab job that I interviewed for in September and it went really really well and there was talk about more opportunities in a different town? Well the strangest thing happened last week. I got a letter saying that I did not get the job that I applied for. But then I got a call asking for a reference check, education check and criminal record check. I could only guess that they are doing this for the other opportunity in the other town but I am not sure. I do know that they contacted my boss and she said she gave me a glowing reference. This is a job that I really really really want. This is a town that I really really really want to live in. (we will refer to this job as 'OOT lab job')

3- You may also remember a while back, I applied for a full time job here at the hospital and I did not get it because someone with more seniority who nobody expected to do so, swooped in and decided to take the job. I got over that. No biggie. (We will refer to that job as 'full time hospital job')

Ok, you got that straight?

So, on Friday I called home to check my messages and there was a message from the hospital HR department. I called her back but we were not able to touch base with each other before the weekend. I didn't think much of it and thought it would be in regards to the new hospital job.

Well, when I got home yesterday I learned from someone I know at the hospital that the girl who took the full time hospital job did not pass her probation period and she has to go back to her previous job. So now I am wondering if that is why the HR department was calling me on Friday. I would have been the next in line for that job.

So then I was momentarily torn. What would I do? I would feel bad accepting a full time position here and then getting trained only to quit for a different job. But at the end of the day I have to look out for #1 and there has not yet been an offer for the OOT lab job and so in the event that I do get an offer for the full time hospital job, I will accept it and go from there. One day at a time.

Then on top of all of this, we see Dr. L on Thursday. I will get all of my test results and then we will decide when to start the IVF process. We are good to start ASAP. So we will see what Dr. L says.


So, needless to say. My head is spinning.

All really great things, I hope this didn't come off as a whine. I know this is a good dilemma to have. So my head is spinning in a good way.

Stay tuned.........




*****UPDATE: I just got offered the Full time hospital job! So I accepted. I have to do what's best for me at the current time. If I get another offer then I will weight out those decisions. YAY! FULL TIME JOB!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got the full time job. Is this the one that is only weekdays, no evenings or weekends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS SWEETIE!! I know how much you have been wanting a new job and this is an excellent sign for good things to come! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete