Page Views

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My first day

Today was the first day at my new full time job.

It was crazy and hectic. I like that.

Everyone was really helpful and I am very thankful that I have been working in the hospital for years now because if not, today would have been insanely overwhelming. But I think I am picking things up rather quickly and I hope that it continues like that.

I got great news today. The girl who I called in a favour with at the hospital pulled through for me and rescheduled the appointment that was blocking me from our Education/Consent signing appointment on Oct 28/10. So, on my 29th birthday I will sit across the television screen with Dr. L and his nurse and we will sign a million consent forms for IVF. (Adverse Effects and Risks, Consent Relating to the Use of Reproductive Material: Eggs, Sperm and In Vitro Embryos, Consent to Use Eggs and Sperm for the Creation of In Vitro Embryos etc....) and after we sign all of those forms we will get our instruction for giving me my injections. D will be giving them to me and on the days that he is not available (work or something) I might get someone else to do it cause I don't know if I could give myself a needle. But at the end of the day, I will do whatever it takes!!

Then when my period arrives (Oct.30 or any day after) I will start birth control pills and begin taking the injections and IVF Stage 1 will commence. I can't even believe it. Just typing the words gives my butterflies and tears in my eyes.

I thought about how I should chronicle my IVF. I am thinking that I am going to keep a journal of my moods and how I am feeling and also I am going to do a weekly video blog post. I am not 100% decided but I want to capture the whole thing. If not just for my own curiosity but maybe to help educate people and help anyone else who might be going through similar things.

I know these next couple of weeks will fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment