Page Views

Monday, October 11, 2010

A hunting widow's busy long weekend

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!!!

D left on Friday morning to go moose hunting for a week so I am alone for a week.

Friday night I hosted a little girls night at my house. We had drinks, played games, talked about sex-LOL and then we went out dancing. It was a lot of fun. (other than the section of the night where IF and T-TTC was discussed)

Saturday morning I had to go to the radio station to record my Sunday show. After that I went over to my friend's house to see the renovation progress. She and her mom spent the week painting-looks great!! This is the friend who I have been feeling very disconnected from lately. She is going through some TTC issue herself. She has no problem getting pregnant but she has lost 2 pregnancies the exact same way and so they are doing some investigation into why this is happening. We used to really lean on each other but lately we have been drifting apart and it really made me sad.

So I opened up to her about our IVF and our RE appointments and she updated me about what's going on with her. I am going to make more of an effort with her. It's just that sometimes you get very very tired of being the only one putting out the effort, you know?
I was happy with our talk though.

After that I came home and made vegetable soup. YUMMY!!! Then I joined my friend at her son's hockey game. This is a friend of mine who is a bit older and has teenage kids. The game was great! It went into overtime and then finally to a shootout and our team won! YAY!!

Yesterday was a busy day. I cleaned out my cupboards. DH is very very bad at keeping the tupperware organized and we have very limited space in our kitchen. The last time I organized them I told him that if he didn't keep it up I would never do it again. Well I just couldn't take it anymore. In the last couple of months it was getting worse and worse and worse.

BEFORE:
AFTER:



Like I said, we have limited kitchen room so I did what I could. It's nice to see things in order though. There will be severe consequences if that gets all messy again! (I just need to figure out what those will be)

After the cupboard organizing I framed some pictures and hung them up and reorganized some frames, I washed some walls and baseboards and I did some laundry. Then I made myself Thanksgiving dinner for one. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, salad and a piece of my tofu "chicken"

On today's holiday Monday agenda: The rest of the laundry, make spaghetti, clean more walls, iron my clothes for the week, and to the gym if there is time.

Tomorrow begins my first official day as a full time employee. It has been a long time since I had a full time job. The part time was just as busy or busier sometimes but it will be really nice to get myself back in a routine again. Although my BOTB and FB time will suffer!

1 comment:

  1. Now that you have organized your kitchen, you can come over and organize mine. :P

    ReplyDelete