Page Views

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My potential new neighbors!

While I was away, D called to inform me that his sister loved the house down the street and they put in an offer. That offer was accepted (though there is some kind of condition)

Let me give you an overview of my relationship with my ILs. It blows hot and cold. My SIL is not my favorite person in the world. While we get along for the most part we have certainly had our arguments, fights and snarkiness. One thing about my SIL and my MIL is that in their minds the sun rises and sets on D. They are a close family and I like that. My family is close too but this borders on too much.

If you checked our caller ID on any given day you would see a minimum of 5 calls from MIL and 5 calls from SIL. A MINIMUM. And that is on our house phone, not including D's cell phone. It's just too much sometimes. Do you realize how hard it will be for me to screen calls and pretend I am not home when SIL is just down the street and can tell if the truck is in the driveway?

Good side? There is a pool at this house. That's all I got.

And my hope to get that job offer out of town has increased by numbers I cannot describe.

Oh and have a I mentioned that I have a strong dislike for D's BIL? (note that I call him D's BIL and not my BIL) He is weird and creepy and makes inappropriate and rude joke and in my opinion he is a terrible father, especially to his daughter from a previous relationship who is essentially an unwanted nuisance in their lives and they make no attempt to make her feel otherwise.





My dear friend, alcohol, will help me get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment