Page Views

Monday, January 11, 2010

3 weeks and 6 days

Well, I am pregnant. According to 4 pregnancy tests! I am in utter shock and disbelief. I waited what seemed like forever for D to get home from fishing yesterday, I was shaking the whole time. When he finally got home he walked in the door and said I got you something and he held up a fish that he caught (in reality I think his dad caught it...) and I said, "Great! I was just about to ask you if you caught any fish, Daddy?"
He giggled....paused... looked at me and said "Daddy??"
All I could do was cry and nod.
"You're pregnant?"
More nodding and crying
Then he scooped me in his arms and I bawled and we laughed. He was shocked.

After it settled for a minute of 2 we of course started discussing when to tell people and so on. I wanted to wait to tell my sisters in person and since they live about 3.5 hours away that wouldhave to be in 3 weeks when we go visit them.

We decided to tell only our parents for now. So we started with mine. They were so thrilled and excited. My dad was really worried abouthaving to keep this secret and he ended up convincing us to call my sisters with the news. His logic was that if someone slipped (aka HIM) they would be hurt that I didn't tell them sooner blah blah.

So first I called K, she was so excited and I could hear my one niece screaming in the background as well. Next was N, she was at Costco at the register so she called back a couple of minutes later. I told her while she was walking around the parking lot looking for her car. She was insanely excited too!

Then it was off to the In Laws. D's mom cried and put me in the same death grip I recall from when we got engaged, man that woman can hug! His dad was also really happy for us too but you know men...they don't show emotion too much.

So that's that. We begin this new journey of becoming parents, it still hasn't fully sunk in yet but I am excited and looking forward to the journey.

I can't believe it actually happened!

1 comment: