Page Views

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The constant entertainment of kids


Last night was the big finale of my favorite time of the year: The IIHF World Junior Hockey Tournament. The gold medal game, Canada vs USA. They played each other on New year's eve and Canada won in a shootout, so so exciting and this game was set to be just as exciting.

My 7 year old nephew is the biggest hockey crazy kid you'd ever meet, he loves to play, watch and talk about the sport at any opportunity he gets. My sister and Brother in law were letting him stay up late to watch the game. So we were calling each other between intermissions.

Near the end of the 3rd period USA was winning 5-3. The US got a penalty and put Canada on the power play, Jordan Eberle SCORES!!! Canada is just 1 goal away from tying it and forcing Overtime. The excitement mounts and Eberle hits the ice again after a short break and......SCORES!! The game is all tied up!! Between the 3rd period and OT my nephew calls me and tells me "Oh, I got so excited that I cried when they tied the game"

The USA ended up winning the game in OT and Canada went home with the Silver. My fondest memory of that game will be that even though we were miles away from each other it was great to watch it "with" my nephew, a kid who has more passion for a sport than a lot of players who are paid to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment