Page Views

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A reaction like that is still making me smile

D got a case of the big mouths this weekend and told more people that we would have liked to. I spend a portion of Sunday doing some damage control, telling people who are closer to us and also making sure that nobody posts on facebook or repeats it just yet, I am only 5 weeks today...we want to wait a little while longer.

So I told my Memere (that is french for grandma). I went over and told her and she cried and hugged me and cried and hugged me. I can safely and knowingly say that she has never had such a strong reaction to a pregnancy in our family and I was overjoyed. She told me that I made her day and I can honestly say that I have never ever seen her so happy in all of my life. She loves D and I am so thrilled at how happy he was for me. This will be her 7th great grandchild and to get that kind of reaction was so fabulous, I can't even think of an adjective big enough and meaningful enough to describe it.

It made me sad that my Pepere is not here to share the news with, every milestone I hit I miss him even more. He died in 2001 so he never got to meet D and I know he would have loved him, he never got to see me get married and now he will never meet this baby. It really breaks my heart.

5 weeks today, 2 weeks until my first appointment! I am getting excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment